Foundations of healing touch (level one)
Level 1 begins with 18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required. Scroll down to click on the button for the Level one Healing Touch Brochure.
Level 1 Objectives
The participant will:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to Healing Touch.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice.
- Discuss expected ethical conduct and standards of practice within Healing Touch.
Level 1 Course Content
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system - energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic Passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self), Headache Techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional) Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
energetic patterning and clinical applications (Level two) class
Level 2 is for students who have completed Level 1 and wish to increase breadth and depth in the study of Healing Touch. (17.5 continuing education contact hours.) The second level of study in Healing Touch includes an intake interview, back techniques and a one-hour healing sequence. Emphasis in the experiential learning is on developing healing sequences for specific client needs. Scroll down to click on button for the level two brochure.
Level 2 Objectives
The participant will:
- Share the experience of practicing Level 1 techniques.
- Develop interviewing and additional assessment skills.
- Demonstrate a one-hour healing sequence for specific client problems.
- Document clinical work.
- Practice back and neck techniques.
- Describe specific techniques in addressing client health challenges.
- Describe application of Healing Beyond Borders, Educating and Certifying the Healing Touch® Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics within a Healing Touch session.
Level 2 Course Content
- Review techniques from HT Level 1
- Sharing experiences of practicing Level 1techniques
- Discuss applying techniques in clinical settings
- Assessment process: interviewing skills, recording observations, documentation
- Healing techniques: One-hour Healing Sequence, Spiral Meditation, Mind Clearing, Wound Closing, Pain Ridge, Pain Drain, Sealing Leaks, Back Techniques